Primary School Tables
Offered in various colours, designs and sizes, our range of primary school tables can be used for a combination of activities and help to encourage collaborative learning in younger children. These tables use the best quality materials and are offered at the best prices.
Category's Best Sellers
Offered in various colours, designs and sizes, our range of primary school tables can be used for a combination of activities and help to encourage collaborative learning in younger children. These tables use the best quality materials and are offered at the best prices. You can choose between crushed bent frames or a fully welded frame, all of which are high quality.
Primary school desks need to be able to support students between the ages of 5 – 11. Therefore, students’ tables need to be set at different heights depending on the age. A school table that an 11-year-old would use would be too big for a 5-year-old and vice versa. For this reason, all our models have been categorised into sizes that are suitable for different ages.
A guide to sizes
In the UK, our primary school students are categorised as infants (aged 5-7) or juniors (aged 7-11). Between these two categories the size difference is tremendous. Our classroom desks sizes have been based on supporting these two groups.
- Size one has a height of 460mm and is suitable for nursery school tables so would not be relevant in this section.
- Size two is for children aged 4-6 and has a seat height of 530m. These are perfectly suited for infant students.
- Size three has a seat height of 590mm and supports those children crossing over from infant school to junior school aged 6-8.
- Size four have a seat height of 640mm, and support children aged 8 up through to the end of infants at age 11.
- If you have larger children and any who are particularly tall for their age, you may want to stock a few size fives at a seat height of 710mm. They are generally for children aged 11-14 but there is no formula to growth so it’s usually a good idea to have a few on hand when they are needed.
- We very much doubt primary schools will need a size six, but it would be rude not to mention it. It has a seat height of 760mm and is suitable for children aged 14 and over.
One final size that isn’t a size, is our height adjustable school tables. As the name suggests, the height is adjustable. This alleviates the need to worry about sizes as you can adjust it to fit your student. These models are now becoming more and more popular with schools. This is because they are backed up by lengthy warranties offering complete peace of mind.
We offer a huge selection for you to choose from and as you would imagine, many of them are brightly coloured. This gives an inviting feeling to students and parents alike. There are plenty of colours to choose from. This means you can either get them all to match your classroom décor or get a match of all colours to add a splash of colour to the class. As we’ve already explained, there are six sizes available, but only three or four of them apply to primary school ages. Finally, there are a variety of shapes for you to choose from.
To view our full range of educational furniture and classroom furniture, visit our home page. You should also look there if you are looking for school furniture for secondary school, college or another department for education.
Why use us?
At Just for Schools, our priority is our customers, schools, colleges and universities. Every single product we stock has been sourced based on our customer’s needs. All products are quality checked to ensure standards are being adhered to. We offer a huge range of sports lockers in all shapes, sizes, materials, styles, and colours for you to choose from. Each product comes with a 10-year warranty. We offer free delivery on the majority of our products to most of the UK. To view our full range, check out our school lockers category.
If you’d like to find out more about our primary school desks, or would like to enquire about stock, you can call one of the team on 01473 553166 who will be on hand to help with your query.
Most of our products are kept in stock, in our warehouse in Ipswich. This means we can offer free express delivery to our customers. Each range and individual product, state their estimated delivery time during checkout. To discuss delivery details, call us on 01473 553166.